Saturday, February 27, 2010

OBJECTIVE
easy run up to 7 mi. to test calf

ACHIEVED
7.18 mi.@ 7:46

5:25 AM 44° 77% 6 mph

I met today's run with eager apprehension. It was quite strange. In some ways, I felt like I was getting ready for a race. My plan was simply to ease my way over 6 or 7 miles to see how I felt. Hoping for no physical mishap along the way. Subconsciously, the plan seemed to be to prove that hadn't lost anything over the past 4 weeks. Chalk one up for the power of the subconscious mind! Not that my fitness was proven, hardly. But my head seemed bent on proving the point ... no matter what.

What does that mean? Well, it means I ran this one too hard. In the end it's fine but I went against my plan. I suspect this is a foreshadowing of things to come. I'm going to be fighting with myself over the next 7 weeks. Rationally trying to keep my irrational side from "proving something" every time I hit the road.

I probably over-assessed how I was "feeling" during this one. Trying to determine what has been lost and if anything was gained during my injury timeout. It seems my cardio is generally okay. I thought this is where I'd drop off. However, my legs felt like lead today. There was no spring in my step at all. What little speed I had trained into my legs seems to have "left the building". It's only one day and maybe I'm reading things wrong but that's what it felt like today.

Happy to be running again.

PRE RUN


POST RUN
weight = 165.5
water, multivitamin & Kashi GoLean cereal w/skim milk

4 comments:

pcb said...

Don't you think the very most important thing is that your injury seems to be okay? The rest will take a little time. Can you just be thankful for that right now.

Cory said...

Paige,

Once again I say, "Happy to be running again."

Josh said...

Hooray! Just take your time coming back; your body will adapt much more quickly than you think!

Cory said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Josh. I'm having trouble seeing past my latest run!