Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday Long

OBJECTIVE
14 mi. w/last 2 mi.@ MP (7:38/mi.)

ACHIEVED
15.51 mi.@ 8:17/mi.

6:08 AM 46° 66% 9 mph

It was a cool morning but a good run. Aaron joined me as I drove to Memorial Park to meet the group. Today's edition included: Stephanie, Stewart, Laurie, Josh, Randy, Aaron and me.

We went out to the George R. Brown Convention Center and back ... essentially.

At different times along the way, I felt good and not-so-good. It was good to get back with the group. I miss them when I don't run with them. My legs are still feeling fatigued. I'm just not feeling strong. Last week's race most likely is the biggest contributing factor. I've also slacked off my physical therapy (bad runner!). I'll get back to it.

I signed up for the Thanksgiving morning races in Dana Point. Yes, I said races. That's a 10K followed by the Masters' Division 5K. It looks like there will be about a 30-45 minute break in between which I need to figure out what I'm going to do to stay active and loose. Obviously the 5K won't be any kind of a breakthrough effort but I do hope to put down something in the 42 minute range for the 10K. I still need to plot my schedule for the week. I'm looking forward to the excitement of another race.

Oh, I almost forgot. I didn't hit marathon pace over the last couple miles of this run. Aaron ran strong all morning but was fading a bit at the end. Since he didn't know the way back, I slowed a bit to stay with him.

Mile Splits
9:06/8:43/8:32/8:26/8:21/8:42/7:51/7:52/8:08/8:24/8:11/8:24/7:54/7:51/8:03/4:04 (.51 mi.)

PRE RUN
oatmeal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, water, multivitamin & GrapeNuts w/1% milk

No comments: