Thursday, November 20, 2008

Back at It

OBJECTIVE
4 mi. Slow (>8:38/mi.)

ACHIEVED
4.01 mi.@ 8:09/mi.

5:28 AM

Met Aaron for a morning run. It was an easy cruise over the miles. Talking makes time and miles pass quickly. My legs are mostly better. I think yesterday's unplanned off day helped. It does however feel like my right heel may be bruised or something. It's tender to pressure. I'll pay attention to what it's telling me.

I need to register for the Thanksgiving day run. Cameron has decided against running. Paige will be doing the 5K. And I'm running the 10K. I'm also considering the 5K since it will start about 30 minutes after I finish the 10K. I haven't decided if this is a bad idea or not. If I push hard over the 10K, I most likely will tighten up waiting for the 5K. But I figure I can take the 5K easy just to get a couple miles. I think this is a big race ... maybe 4,000 runners. The course doesn't look fast as it is T shaped with 3 U turns. I'll get to work on my turn technique.

PRE RUN
weight = 159#
water, Kashi GoLean cereal w/1% milk

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & 5-grain hot cereal w/brown sugar and 1% milk

No comments: