Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Recovery Run?

OBJECTIVE
6 mi. easy (8:08-38/mi.)

ACHIEVED
6.19 mi.@ 8:11/mi.

5:26 AM 41° 93% 0 mph

Another cool morning. I think it was around 41F. Garmin's weather service has been down since Saturday so I'm not getting weather information about my runs. Generally, this isn't a problem. Although I really would like to know what the wind speed was during the race on Saturday.

I met Aaron again and we covered the 6 miles of the Wimbledon Forest Loop. My paces have all been faster since I started running with Aaron a week ago. I usually run at the slow end of my target pace ranges when I'm alone but with him I've been at the fast end or even outside the range. My legs feel a little beat up right now. I'm not sure if it's the faster paced recovery runs, the race on Saturday or a combination of the two.

Today's discussion topics included the airline industry, California's proposition 8, and abortion ... among other things. One of the many nice things about running with others is the opportunity to exchange ideas.

Hopefully my legs find some life before tomorrow's run. I've got 9 miles with some speed mixed in over the middle section. The dreaded, midweek Big Workout. It will be interesting to see how this works with two of us doing it along the Faulkey Gully path ... in the dark.

PRE RUN
weight =159#
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & 5-grain hot cereal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

No comments: