Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'll see your wager ... and raise you 5 Miles ...

OBJECTIVE
9 mi.@ 7:46-8:36

ACHIEVED
14.01 mi.@ 8:26

7:04 AM 32° 88% 1 mph

Interestingly run today. First, I was scheduled for 9 miles. Second, the group was fragmented with some up in Huntsville and those still in town seemed to each want a different distance and to start at a different time. Third, records were set yesterday as snow flew in Houston for the earliest day in recorded history (and there was a hard freeze overnight).

So this is how the day went down: Laurie, Jonathan, and I met at 7 for two loops at Memorial before meeting others at 8. After one loop, Michelle joined. After two loops, Jonathan left and Augie, Josh, William, and ??? joined us. At that point, I had 5.75 miles. I figured I'd go out 2 miles with the group then come back alone as they continued on for ~8 more miles. Instead, I was enjoying the conversations and was feeling good so I stayed with the group to the cleaners on San Felipe (~4 miles out). From there, I broke back to the park alone and ended with 14 miles.

It was quite cold when we started. The high humidity caused the cold to cut right through.

It was good to see Jonathan. I hadn't seen him since Mile 23 at the New York City marathon over a month ago. I enjoyed catching up a bit and hearing his NYC experience (although it wasn't pretty).

PRE RUN
oatmeal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, huevos divorcaidos with chicken, chips, salsa & water

No comments: