Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kickin' It Up a Notch

OBJECTIVE
dynamic stretching warm up
5.5 mi.@ 7:46-8:36 w/6x75 sec intervals @ 6:11 "sprinkled in"

ACHIEVED
5.72 mi.@ 7:46 w/6x75 second mixed in (5:45 5:57 6:06 6:07 5:55 6:02)

5:14 AM 38° 89% 0 mph

Kicked it up a notch today. No, I didn't break any land speed records I just got into the workout mentally rather than just rolling up time and distance.

Of course the speed play is intended to provide the physiological benefit of using different muscles AND enhancing the ability to recover while still running.

Typically, I let the recovery pace fall off as I get ready for the next burst. I didn't allow myself that luxury today. I pushed the recovery pace to the fast end of my typical base pace. In the process of forcing my body to recover under some stress, I inadvertently trained by brain that "faster is doable". I need more days like this.

Keep running = keep learning!

PRE RUN
weight=166

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & oatmeal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

1 comment:

Josh said...

I'm still working on the "faster is doable" thing. I'm getting there!