Friday, December 4, 2009

Just Like Christmas Morning ....

OBJECTIVE
5.5 mi.@ 7:46-8:36

ACHIEVED
5.65 mi.@ 8:09

5:34 AM 41° 58% 4 mph

Just like Christmas morning .... I broke out my tights and thinsulate running pullover for the first time this season. That was the fun part of my fun. The disappointing part is that I was overdressed - too hot! Outside temperate = 40°. Yes, I've been conned by the local meteorological hype! It's going to snow in Houston! The sky is falling! Aliens are invading ....

PRE RUN
weight=165.5

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & frost mini wheats w/1% milk

2 comments:

pcb said...

Maybe you will eat your words later on today.

Cory said...

I like my words. The best part about them is that they're mine. I like basking in them, eating them, ... whatever ... it's all good!

Current temperature in St. Anthony, Idaho = 11°. As an 11-year old, I lived there and delivered newspapers every weekday on my bike (or foot when the snow was unpassable to bike). I think it may have been uphill both ways too. ;-)

Current temperature in Champaign, Illinois = 25°. Lived in that area two years ... you know the story.

Let's not over-dramatize the situation Houston. Radiate heat will melt the snow as it hits the ground. It's going to drop below freezing tonight but the storm will have passed.