Monday, September 28, 2009

OBJECTIVE
6 mi.@ 7:46-8:36
stiff-legged run 20 seconds
running no arms 20 seconds

ACHIEVED
6.09 mi.@ 8:26/
stiff-legged running 20 sec.
running no arms 20 sec.
one-legged hop 20 sec. each

5:27 AM 77° 95% 0 mph

It seems like I should be feeling a lot better than I did this morning. After all I'm two weeks into my taper and the marathon is five days away. I figured my legs would be fresh and have a lot of spring in them. Alas, it wasn't so. I didn't feel bad during this run just not as good as I had hoped.

I'm starting carbohydrate depletion today. The plan is to extend the depletion stage through noon on Wednesday then I'll start loading.

Tomorrow's run is abbreviated mixed intervals. We'll see if I have any spring in my legs then ....

PRE RUN
weight=160
water

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & 16 oz. skim milk w/protein weight gainer

No comments: