Saturday, December 15, 2007

Waterlogged

OBJECTIVE
7 miles : no pace

ACHIEVED
7.7 miles ≈ 70 minutes ≈ (9:05 min./mile)

7:02 AM 60° 89% 10 mph (20 mph gusts) rain

I slept in this morning and didn't start my run until 7. It just so happened that this was the peak of a downpour. About a mile in the rain eased up. From that point there was light rain most of the way until the final mile when it really started to come down again. Fortunately the temperature was moderate.

When I strapped on the Garmin, I was surprised that a warning popped up that it wasn't charged (not exactly sure how that happened since I have a routine that should prevent this). So I ended up with the opportunity to practice "not looking at my watch" in a much deeper way ... I didn't have a watch! That's right I was running naked!

The run was uneventful for the most part. I went out and back along the bayou from the Y. I did see a huge blue heron along the bayou. With two miles to go, my right ITB started flaring. This caused me to wonder if 5 miles is my ITB's conditioned limit. I've been running 3's each day for a couple weeks now with minimal problem (just sore and achy throughout the day after running). Today's 7 may have touched the current limitation. I suppose this concept will be tested somewhat next week as I mix 4's with 3's. Hopefully the slow, steady buildup pushes the limitation out farther (if in fact that's really what's going on ... yes, this is frustrating!)

PRE RUN
Clif bar & water; multivitamin

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, pancakes, maple syrup, & milk

No comments: