Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Good Run

OBJECTIVE
3 miles : no pace

ACHIEVED
3.01 miles : 23:28 = (7:48 min/mile)

4:37 AM 73° 81% 12 mph

I had a good run this morning which was a nice change and a pleasant surprise. My ITB's have not bothered me running the past few days. However, my knees were really aching yesterday after my run and throughout the day. More and more it seems this is just going to be something I have to deal with. From the way I felt yesterday, I didn't expect much different today. But I was wrong. I felt good. The weather was great.

One thing I've done during these short "no pace" runs is allow my mind to wander. I've taken time to consider work and personal matters. In the past when I've done this my pace and form have suffered. I usually run better when just focusing on running. While I'm sure this is still true, I've had some success just putting my run on "auto pilot" while engaging my brain in other things. For at least half of the run today, I was thinking about other things yet my pace was good and generally steady.

It looks like my hesitation in committing to the Texas Independance Relay due to my injury has cost me a place on the team. This is disappointing. If I was still running strong, I could have committed instantly.

I stretched after running ... half-heartedly. Wall busters, step ups, and traditional ITB stretch. I need to get more focused in this area. It can only help my legs feel better. ... no abs again today.

PRE RUN
1/2 Clif bar & water

POST RUN
Kashi GoLean cereal, milk, multivitamin, water

No comments: