Sunday, December 9, 2007

From Good to Sluggish & Sloppy

OBJECTIVE
3 mile : no pace

ACHIEVED
3.01 miles : 23:50 = (7:55 min./mile)

6:32 AM 70° 88% 4 mph


Slept in today. I felt surprisingly good to start the run. I didn't wear my ITB strap and my knees and hips felt fine. My right calf was a little tight but not a problem. I think I've become a bit hypersensitive to what I'm feeling lately but I suppose that comes with the problems I've had recently with my legs.

I felt sluggish and sloppy the second half of the run. I just tried to stay focused. I've been trying to work on my form a little bit during my runs. My perception is that there are times when I'm too upright - almost leaning back - and landing on my heels. When I feel this, I try to position my shoulders over the balls of my feet and have my footfall hit mid-foot. I can usually only hold this effort for relatively short distances as it requires a great deal of mental attention for me. Also, I really don't know if this is something I should be doing or not since I've just made the exercise up myself.

PRE RUN
½ Clif bar & water

POST RUN
SlimFast & water
Later, Kashi GoLean cereal, milk, multivitamin, water

No comments: