Monday, December 10, 2007

Oh Thou Sluggard

OBJECTIVE
3 miles : no pace

ACHIEVED
3.01 miles : 25:00 = (8:19 min./mile)

5:03 AM 54° 94% 6 mph mist/light rain

I walked out the door to run this morning and promptly went back inside to put a shirt on. Yesterday I ran without a shirt and expected the weather to be the same but it felt cooler and there was a very light rain today.

I felt sluggish the entire run today. Not sure what to attribute it to. At one point, I felt like pushing it but decided to just stay in a comfortable zone so held back. Finished it out and added a very lackluster stretch and no ab work. I took a break from the abs over the weekend and need to get back to it.

In running news, I offer a huge congratulations to my sometime training partner, Jonathan Bennett. I say occasional training partner because we started out running together with Power in Motion last March. At some point, his ability and fitness exceeded mine so we don't run together as much as we did. Yesterday was his marathon debut at the Dallas White Rock Marathon. He logged an amazing 3:11:53! His blog can be pretty entertaining. I'm sure his race report will be up soon. He also records his training which is of interest to me as well as local restaurant reviews (also of interest!).

Great run Jonathan!



PRE RUN
water

POST RUN
Grape Nuts, milk, multivitamin, water

No comments: