Sunday, December 16, 2007

Flatfooted

OBJECTIVE
3 miles : no pace

ACHIEVED
3.00 miles : 23:20 = (7:45 min./mile)

8:16 AM 36° 70% 5 mph

I felt slow and flatfooted for the whole run today. It seemed I never really loosened up and got going. Based on how I was feeling I would have figured that I was around 8:45/mile. I only looked at my watch once - when the 2 mile indicater sounded. I was very surprised to see that I was at 7:48/mile. I suppose this just goes to show that I really can't "feel" my pace very well at all.

My right calf was very, very tight the whole run. It became progressively worse. Interesting to note that the first time I encountered the right calf tightening was in Utah on Thanksgiving Day while racing in similar weather conditions. Somehow the cold seems to be "activating" this problem.

Oh well, I suppose the big science experiment that is my running continues!

I had a very good stretching session after the run. Including regular and side planks; bicycle crunches; ITB and calf stretches.

PRE RUN
1/2 c. oatmeal w/brown sugar and skim milk, water & multivitamin

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, PBJ smoothie & 800 mg Ibuprofen

No comments: