Friday, December 21, 2007

Stiff Calf = Lead Foot

OBJECTIVE
35 minute Tempo : no pace

ACHIEVED
4.11 miles : 35:03 = (8:32 min/mile)

4:22 AM 43° 87% 0 mph

The story of this run once again was my right calf. It started out tight and stayed that way for the whole run. It felt somewhat different than in the past. Today was more of an intense stiffness rather than the deep soreness I've been having. Hopefully that's an indication that it's healing ... ??? ... Or maybe it's an indication it's getting worse ... ???

I finished the timed run. I know that calling it a tempo run with a "no pace" goal doesn't make any sense. Okay, so it was a timed run based on "feel".

I gave myself the day off yesterday. I had the idea of running to make up for the lost day on Tuesday but decided I would be better off resting the right calf.

Good news ... no ITB issues.

Yesterday was our departmental holiday party. Which means we all went to a Mexican restaurant. I REALLY GORGED myself! Not what I planned but it just happened. I'll punish myself for it later. I suppose the sluggishness during today's run was probably a direct result ....

PRE RUN
1/2 Clif bar and water

POST RUN
SlimFast, 800 mg Ibuprofen, multivitamin, Kashi GoLean cereal with skim milk
Later, whole wheat English muffin, poached egg & water

No comments: