Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hampered by Right Calf

OBJECTIVE
4 miles : no pace

ACHIEVED
4.00 miles : 33:57 = (8:28 min./mile)

5:21 AM  52° 85% 0 mph

I missed yesterday's run due to pain in my right calf.  The problem flared up during Sunday's run.

I figured I would test it today no matter how it felt.  I resolved to keep the pace slow.  It bothered me the whole run.  My new theory is that I seriously pulled the muscle at the Thanksgiving run.  Over the 10 days off, it was recovering but not all the way back since I still felt it occasionally.  Then I re-injured it Sunday morning in the cold at a faster pace than I probably should have been running.  I'm not exactly sure how to nurse it back to 100% while maintaining my training schedule but that's what I intend to do.

The weather was nice ... warmer than I expected.  I extended the Kleinwood Loop to Stuebner-Airline to add an additional mile.  I truly ran by "feel" today and maintained a virtually constant pace.

Had a decent stretching series back at the house.

PRE RUN
Homemade fudge and water!!!

POST RUN
SlimFast, oatmeal, multivitamin, & water

No comments: