Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Another 3

OBJECTIVE
3 miles : no pace

ACHIEVED
3 miles : 24:26 = (8:09 min./mile)

approx. 5:15 AM 55° 98% 0 mph


I'm not sure what's wrong with my Garmin but, just like Sunday, the battery was tapped before I even started my run ... even though it had been fully charged. I hope this is not the beginning of the end!

First the good news, my ITB's have not bothered me now for a few days. This is great news and hopefully an indicator that I'm on the road to having this problem completely behind me.

Now the bad news, my right half was trouble from the beginning of this run. It was very tight and painful. I had hoped it would loosen up as I warmed up but it didn't.

I gutted out the run with my trusty IronMan watch. I did look at it a couple times .... Enough to know that my pace today was steady over the miles.

Had a decent post run stretch. Did some ITB-specific and general stretches.


PRE RUN
1/2 Clif bar, multivitamin, 800 mg Ibuprofen and water

POST RUN
oatmeal with flaxseed, brown sugar, and cinnamon; water

No comments: