Saturday, June 7, 2014

6.5M EZ ???

 

Summary

Name 6.5M EZ
Location Houston, TX
Start Time 6/7/2014 5:20 AM (UTC-05:00) Category My Activities:Running
Distance 7.60 mi Time 01:04:08.0
Time Moving 01:04:08.0 Stopped 00:00:06.0
Average pace 08:26 min/mi Max. pace 07:32 min/mi
Weather Sunny; 74.8 °F
Notes This was supposed to be a 6.5-mile easy run. Turned out it wasn't 6.5 miles nor was it easy!

Somehow I miscalculated my route and ended up on a bigger loop than expected. On top of the the parking lot at St. Ignatius Church is now under construction and blocked off. I use their back lot to get back to Cypresswood but with the construction zone in effect had to backtrack around to get back. All of this to say, the run ended up being a mile longer than planned.

NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT SHRED THE DAY BEFORE A RACE OR LONGER RUN! I am now operating under theory this was a factor in destroying me a few weeks ago at Pamela's Race and also again today. I think shredding leaves me without the proper fuel and hydration to sustain bigger efforts.

I am glad this one is over the last 3 miles were really tough.

Created with Activity Documentation Plugin for SportTracks
(see http://www.sporttracks-plugins.com)

No comments: