Friday, April 3, 2009

Test Marketing a Non-running Feature

Okay, I'm trying something new. It's a non-running poll. Periodically I'll pick a song that I like and put it on the blog. I'll also add a cover of the original. Your mission should you choose to accept it - choose the version you like best. There's a polling feature to the right.

I'm starting off with Seasons in the Sun originally released by Terry Jacks in 1973. More recently Blink 182 and Nirvana reworked the original. Which do you like best?

For some reason as a young kid, my good friend Curt Poll and I always used to sing this while riding along in the hay hauling truck. The things that stay in a person's mind!

5 comments:

pcb said...

You can't mess with the original - it was one of my favorites when I was young too. Nirvana sounds like they are on downers and Blink sound like they are on uppers!

Anonymous said...

Not sure where you got the covers, but that is neither Blink 182 nor Nirvana....

Cory said...

RR -

Pretty sure it is in fact Corbain and the crew. Check this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4BF67pvsc for video proof.

I'll do a little more back-checking on Blink 182.

Anonymous said...

You're right...that is Cobain and Co......It really sounds nothing like Blink 182 (I'm a huge fan....!)...I wish they would cover it, it would sound awesome...by the way, they are back together and planning a summer tour.....Keep running! I have a goal of Boston someday...did my first 1/2 in 1:34:20 last month, another in 2 weeks...no marathon.....yet!!!

Cory said...

RR -

Congrats on covering your maiden 13.1 in 1:34. That's a very solid effort from where I come from! I'm hoping to go 1:30 next month. It will be a bit of a stretch but my training has been solid so far and I think I can get it with an all-out, no-fear type effort.

See my post about Blink 182. They're actually featured on GOB's cover of Seasons in the Sun. I just don't know if the clip I posted is actually that version. Sorry about the sloppy "journalism".

I appreciate your comments and hope you keep reading here.

All the best to you and your running.