Sunday, March 29, 2009

Short

The course was short . The course was different than it was in the past and wasn't certified. I had the distance at 3.02 miles on my Garmin. My 19:00 translates to a 19:30 5K which I believe would have been possible based on how I felt finishing.

I ran the Go-Zone strategy a lot better than a couple weeks ago. I still have some refining to do with the strategy but was happy to be passing several other runners over the second half of the run. And I felt strong doing it.

Ed Eyestone's 3-2-1 speed training plan is the way to faster running over shorter distances. I'm 100% convinced even though I only worked with it for a week or so. The unfortunate thing is that I won't be able to get back with it now for about 7 months. My training is shifting back to endurance building starting tomorrow. The half marathon is in 7 weeks.

No comments: