Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First True Tempo Run in a Long Time

OBJECTIVE
1 mi. Warmup
4 mi. Tempo @ 6:51/mi.
1 mi. Cooldown

ACHIEVED
1.00 mi.@ 8:34/mi.
6:55 / 6:49 / 6:45 / 6:45
1.14 mi.@ 8:09/mi.

6:04 AM 51° 50% 12 mph

This was one of those “you never know what you can do until you try” runs. I haven’t had one of these for a while …. Actually since my Wednesday runs under Tom Schwartz’ training program. A four-mile tempo run at 6:51 seemed rather daunting but I was able to get it done. I even held the mile consistent which is an important element of a good tempo run. It was challenging but do-able. At one point during the run, I reminded myself that I get Friday off as a rest day so there’s no reason not to push it. Under this training cycle, I’m running 5 days a week rather than the 6 days a week that I was running in the prior two cycles. I am hopeful this gives my body better recovery time.

Tomorrow is another easy 5-miler.

PRE RUN
Weight = 161.5
Water

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin & 5-grain hot cereal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

No comments: