Monday, March 30, 2009

Half Marathon Training Begins in Earnest

OBJECTIVE
5 mi.@ 8:09/mi.

ACHIEVED
5.12 mi.@ 8:06/mi.

5:31 AM 46° 97% 0 mph

My legs felt pretty good today given the race yesterday. I started slowly then picked it up over the last half of the run. It looks like this is going to be my basic run now that I'm training for the half. The goal pace of 8:09 per mile is a bit brisk for an “easy” run but I suppose I'll get used to it. I think the pace drops to 8:04 in a few weeks.

The official times from yesterday were posted last night. I came in at 18:58. The time sheet lists the course as a USATF certified 5K. However, I checked USATF's website and it wasn't listed. Two other courses used for Run for the Rose in prior years were certified but not this one. I also looked at the run website for any information on the course and it said certification was pending. I'm sure it wasn't a certified 5K. I'm still very happy with my time and feel like I can be faster.

I mailed my entry for the Peachtree Road Race last week. I doubt I'll get pulled. There are only 10,000 spots left. The race is in Atlanta on July 4.

PRE RUN
nothing

POST RUN
water, multivitamin, 2 whole wheat toast w/cinnamon sugar & honey & 5-grain hot cereal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

No comments: