Saturday, August 31, 2013

~12M with Crew ... Revised

 

Summary

Name 12M Back with Crew ... Revised
Location Houston, TX
Start Time 8/31/2013 6:05 AM (UTC-05:00) Category My Activities:Running
Distance 11.88 mi Time 01:39:48.0
Time Moving 01:39:48.0 Stopped 00:00:11.0
Average pace 08:23 min/mi Max. pace 06:38 min/mi
Weather Sunny; 75.9 °F
Notes Wasn't sure how far I'd be running today. Just wanted some miles. Decided to try it with the crew. The crew has been revised dramatically since I ran with them regularly over 2 years ago. The holdovers who I know are Augie (now pregnant), Josh and Randy. Everyone else is triathletes and seemingly solid ones at that.

Based on my workouts over the last couple months, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to hang with them. I started conservatively and kept it there. That was plenty for me today. Thankfully, Randy hung back with me so we had an enjoyable time catching up over the course of our hour and a half together.

Running with the group is good for me so I'll try to make it out for the Saturday long runs. It looked like the lead group was running solid 8 minute miles at the beginning and cut it down from there. They also did 14M except for a couple overachievers who did 20M. It will take time and patience but it gives me something to shoot for as I continue my comeback.

Map: Street - openstreetmap.org (Mapnik)

Created with Activity Documentation Plugin for SportTracks
(see http://www.sporttracks-plugins.com)

No comments: