Friday, September 28, 2012

IT band exercises at home early this morning.
Train to office.
Tabata spin intervals at gym.
10 min. WU
8x20 sec. all-out w/10 sec. recoveries
10 min. CD

Very interesting. My max heart rate today was 163 (compared to 165 on Tuesday). I really expected it to be higher today than Tuesday (no basis; just a hunch). Now I'm wondering if 165 is my true MHR. That doesn't seem right to me. It seems like it could be 5-10 higher. I plan to continue monitoring during my spin sessions. Maybe the intervals are way too short to get my heart rate to max out (but the rest intervals are short too so it seems like my heart rate would be building throughout the intervals).

The other metric is that I covered slightly over 6 miles. Realize this is a "throw away" number because the flywheel continues spinning for a short time during the rest intervals. However it may be useful to compare distance between sessions.

Resistance for the session was 7.


No comments: