Tuesday, September 25, 2012

To bed early last night (a good thing, why can't it happen more often?) led to awake early this morning.

Got up and did all IT band exercises (2x15). Threw on shorts and a t-shirt then headed for the train. There are a whole lot more seats on the train at 5:30 AM than between 7:30 and 9:00.

Got to the gym.

Tabata intervals on Precor exercise bike.
10 min. warm-up
8x20 sec. all-out w/10 sec. rest
10 min. cool down

Wore my heart rate strap for the first time ever while doing Tabata intervals. The resulting interesting observation is that my maximum heart rate was 165. I need to wear the strap and keep doing Tabata's to see if my MHR ever gets higher than 165. The standard formula (which has been proven unreliable) suggests my MHR is 175 (220 - age).

At 7:30 AM, I am feeling good. It should be interesting to see how my legs feel tomorrow morning.

No comments: