Saturday, June 4, 2011

OBJECTIVE
10 mi.@ 7:53

ACHIEVED
10.03 mi.@ 7:53

6:03 AM 73° 82% 0 mph

I felt really good out there today. No idea what to attribute it to but I'll take it!

I followed the approach that I took with last week's 9-miler: easy, body-dictated pace over the first third of the run; hit the overall goal pace over the middle third then go as fast as necessary over the final third to hit the overall goal pace. The pace over the 3.33 mile splits broke down like this:

3.33 mi. - 8:32
6.67 mi. - 7:44
10.0 mi. - 7:25



I was in a great place mentally where every intermediate landmark seemed "close". At the same time, I was in a good place physically where my body felt good and was cooperating with everything I was trying to do. These are the rare days when it all comes together and it becomes incredibly euphoric to run.

It's exciting to feel like I'm getting stronger physically and mentally. ... just need to keep that ball rolling ....

PRE RUN
weight=163.0
body fat=22.0%
apple juice & fig newton

POST RUN
SlimFast

No comments: