Sunday, May 29, 2011

OBJECTIVE
8 mi.

ACHIEVED
9.54 mi.@ 8:00

6:28 AM 77° 81% 3 mph

Happy with this run. It was really good to back yesterday's 9-miler with this solid effort. I was a little slower-paced this morning than yesterday but that was somewhat by design. Similar to yesterday's run, I decided to block this run into 3 3-mile segments. Like yesterday, I let how I was feeling dictate the pace over the first 3 miles. Unlike yesterday, I did not want any mile to be faster than 7:53. I did a pretty good job keeping it in check.



0-3 mile pace = 8:20
3-6 mile pace = 7:54
6-9 mile pace = 7:52

I was feeling tired over the final third of the run but it was a "good" tired; not the dreaded "dead dog" tired. As long as I kept the pace in check, I was able to push along just fine.

I only had 2 water stops today. One at around 4.5 miles (ate a fun size Butterfinger) and another just before 8 miles. Each time I stopped at Meyer Park. It looked like there was a big soccer tourney about to start the day as I was passing by.

Without much thought yesterday, I decided to try a tracking my daily caloric intake via blog. Over the years I've tried a few different tracking variations. Up to this point, they've all been focused on nutritional components: carbohydrate, protein and fat. The tracking has never lasted long because it's too time intensive. This time I just decided to track total calories and just send it to the blog when I eat. I'll try it for a while (which I know makes for bad blog reading!). The last time I calculated my daily caloric requirement, I believe it came out around 2,600 per day.

PRE RUN
weight=165.5
body fat=22.9%
diet V8 splash

POST RUN
SlimFast & multivitamin

No comments: