Monday, May 30, 2011

OBJECTIVE
4 mi.

ACHIEVED
4.06 mi.@ 8:44

5:06 AM 79° 78% 4 mph

Recovery run on tired legs. Yesterday's ice bath seemed to help so I will most likely be in the tub again today.

Wednesday, June 1 is National Running Day. Long-time followers of my blog will recall my surprise when I first discovered there was such a thing. Well the occasion did not sneak up on me this year. First, I should make you aware that there is a site to help coordinate your activities for the day. Using the site, I found that there will be a few different group runs in Chicago on Wednesday. I was particularly interested in the run being put on by City Running Tours. I signed up for their event. Normally their running tours of major US cities cost $60. In honor of National Running Day, Wednesday's run is free. Of course, I realize they will probably use an abbreviated route and there will probably be an overabundance of other runners. But it's free so it can't help but be worth it, right? I chose the Navy Pier route over the Grant Park route. I figured I'd be hustling from the office to make the 6:30 PM start and the Navy Pier is a short mile from my hotel. Should be interesting. Hopefully I am introduced to some new city routes and also see some sights that I'd otherwise overlook. Who knows, I may even meet some new running friends.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



PRE RUN
weight=165.0
body fat=23.0%

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & Kashi GoLean cereal w/skim milk

No comments: