Tuesday, May 31, 2011

OBJECTIVE
warm up
5 x 1/2 mi.@ 3:07 w/.25 mi. active recoveries
cool down

ACHIEVED
1.92 mi. WU
3:07 / 3:05 / 3:06 / 3:07 / 3:04
1.98 mi. CD

total time = 1:02:53
total distance = 7.40 mi.

5:55 AM 78° 79% 2 mph

First time back on the track in several months. Although my splits were consistent and appear controlled, the workout felt anything but! It was up and down. At times, it felt really good to be turning my legs loose and running fast. At other times, I really felt like I was struggling to "keep up" and that my form was all over the place. I think this is just a reflection that I haven't been on the track in some time. One of the things I messed up early on was running the first couple of recoveries too fast. This put me in a deficit before even starting the next interval. I slowed the recoveries down in the later sets but by that point the damage may have already been done ....

PRE RUN
weight=165.0
body fat=22.7%
water

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & GrapeNuts w/cinnamon sugar & skim milk

No comments: