Saturday, March 13, 2010

OBJECTIVE
20 mi.@ 7:38-8:29

ACHIEVED
20.36 mi.@ 8:30

6:31 AM 59° 44% 4 mph

The weather was absolutely beautiful this morning. Really happy to get this one in. I took it conservatively. The group went 13 miles. (Today's version of the group included: Michele, Stephanie, Stacey, Laurie, Jonathan, Randy, and me.) I got 3 before they started then just hung back with whoever happened to be at the back of the pack. Once the group finished, I added on to get 20.

Leg held up which is great news at the end of this 53-mile week. I'm still too paranoid to think I'm "out of the woods" but this has been a good week. The foundation has been set to move forward with at least a little confidence.

As proof that I'm still a marathon novice, a 20-miler still feels like a big accomplishment to me.

PRE RUN
weight=165.5
oatmeal w/brown sugar & skim milk

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, water, multivitamin, hot chocolate & oatmeal w/chia seed, brown sugar & skim milk

2 comments:

Steph said...

Nice run on Saturday, I am pleased to see that your legs are holding up ok in spite of the high volume mileage.
BTW I checked the half Marathon in Seabrook, it's sold out. :(
Have a great race, it's a good course, soft yet not to technical.
I'll check your results, run strong!

Cory said...

Thanks, Steph.

Sorry that you won't be in Seabrook. I was looking forward to seeing you race given your current fitness. I hope to have a decent day and "add another brick" in the building process.