Tuesday, January 5, 2010

OBJECTIVE
dynamic stretching warm-up
1.5 mi. warm-up
10x400m @ 1:32 w/3 min. active recoveries
1.5 mi. cool-down

ACHIEVED
dynamic stretch
1.44 mi. WU
94/91/88/91/90/86/88/89/90/86
1.61 mi. CD

total miles = 8.75
total time = 1:12:40

5:20 AM 28° 85% 1 mph

Felt pretty good about how this one went. It's my first time back on the track since before the St. George marathon. It wasn't an easy interval workout but it was manageable. I need to go back and look at how I did with this same workout when I was getting ready for St. George. It won't be a perfect comparison because of the difference in weather conditions but it still might be revealing.

Wore my Mizuno Mushas. They felt really light. The EP 5K is in 12 days. I really have no idea what to expect.

Oddly, I've been dealing with a case of DOMS over the last few days. It started after Saturday's long run and continued throughout the day yesterday. I don't know if is because of my layoff from running, my return to doing physical therapy exercises, a combination of the two, or something different altogether .... Stay tuned.

PRE RUN
weight=167
water

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin & low-fat granola w/1% milk

No comments: