Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday Afternoon 10-miler

OBJECTIVE
10 mi.@ 7:46-8:36

ACHIEVED
9.91 mi.@ 8:18

3:37 PM 58° 92% 3 mph

It was a strange day in many ways. First, this was a Saturday afternoon run. I don't ever recall running at this time on a Saturday before. Second, the weather was weird ... overcast, misty, humid and cool-ish. This was actually a good thing as far as running goes.

Run with Randy and Josh today. Spent the morning in the office then met at the park. Unbelievably, Josh had just gotten off a +10 hour flight from Paris and was doing a 20-miler! I thought I was feeling sluggish .... But Josh seemed at the top of this game and I was happy to see Randy too after not knowing if he would be joining us or not. Although we ran a nice comfortable pace, everything felt fast to me during this one. I just felt "okay" overall. Was glad when we met Augie back at the parking lot. She was running the second 10 miles. I was happy to be done.

A footnote to this run: When I got back in my car, I had a couple missed calls from Cameron. Long story, short - the Explorer broke down in Waco leaving him and his 3 friends stranded. I made the +6 hour round trip to bring them home. I was fortunate to have my dad in town to share the road time and driving with!

PRE RUN
water

POST RUN
SlimFast

No comments: