Friday, December 11, 2009

OBJECTIVE
6 mi.@ 7:46-8:36

ACHIEVED
6.08 mi.@ 8:19

6:11 AM 43° 64% 3 mph

I was just happy to get this run in after a late night. Last night was the Houston opening of The Sound of Music.

The following thought was much more developed while I was running this morning then I have time to give it here .... "I'm not a good enough runner to let things get in the way of my training." (Things ... for example, late nights at the theater ....) This thinking is wrong though because it implies that the best [fill in the blank ... runners] are good enough to skip training. They are the best because they don't skip training (and are genetic freaks). Do you follow me on that? Oh sure, I can envision Ryan and Sara Hall enjoying an evening of entertainment together. But as world-class runners, I'm confident that didn't alter their training the next day. I'll obviously never be world-class but I can take a lesson from this. I suppose the difference is that as a professional athlete, you don't have to worry about the activity taking most of my time each day ... my job. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I have one.

I'm venturing off to visit a chiropractor this afternoon. I haven't been in several years. This guy's a runner and I'm just viewing this as a 30,000 tune up. I hope he shares my view ....

PRE RUN
weight=166

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & low-fat granola w/1% milk

No comments: