Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nothing Like a New Pair of Shoes

OBJECTIVE
2-6 mi.@ 8:37-9:47

ACHIEVED
4.07 mi.@ 8:37

6:37 AM 79° 93% 0 mph


Easy recovery run after yesterday's intervals. I got new shoes, racing flats, yesterday so took them out for their maiden voyage. The Mizuno Musha's are light and felt comfortable on my foot especially around the heel. The toebox seems wider than my Wave Riders and deeper than my Lunar Trainers. The unique difference that I'm not too sure about yet is how rigid the bottom feels. I think it must be to make up for the limited cushioning but there doesn't seem to be much flex to the shoes. I'll give them a good test tomorrow on my tempo run.

PRE RUN
weight=163
water

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & oatmeal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's nice

Get More Details

Diane B said...

Where do you "store" all your running shoes???

Cory said...

Paige has a nice place set aside for my awesome shoe collection. (Although I must say she doesn't seem to fully appreciate the volume.)

pcb said...

"set aside" as if there was ever a choice in that matter. You need to start donating when you are done with them.