Saturday, June 27, 2009

Running in Quicksand

OBJECTIVE
12 mi.@ 7:46-8:36

ACHIEVED
12.02 mi.@ 8:29

5:57 AM 79° 93% 5 mph

I ran solo from the YMCA this morning. It was a warm, humid morning so I eased myself into it. I generally felt fine until a little less than 3 miles to go. At that point I felt like I was running in quicksand. Then to add insult to injury (mental), it felt like someone handed me a piano. (Okay enough with the cliches already.) I'm trying to say the final couple of miles were tough. I haven't gone this distance since the half marathon 6 weeks ago ... and it felt like it! Looking at the details of my run the pace dropped off some over the last couple miles but it wasn't too bad. I just think the weather caught up with me. I was also trying to complete the run without any water or nutritional supplements. Even though I ate and drink before starting out, I reached for my Carb BOOM! energy gel with about 4 miles to go and stopped for a drink with about 3 miles left.

I was glad to get this one in. I'm also happy that tomorrow is a rest day. I worked up a huge blister on my right, big toe. Hopefully tomorrow's rest gives the blister a chance to clear up a bit.

PRE RUN
weight = 163
water

POST RUN
SlimFast
Later, water, multivitamin & strawberry smoothie

No comments: