Monday, June 22, 2009

CUJO!

OBJECTIVE
7 mi.@ 7:46 - 8:36
stiff-legged running 2x20 sec.
running no arms 2x20 sec.

ACHIEVED
7.06 mi.@ 8:19
stiff-legged running 2x20 sec.
running no arms 2x20 sec.

5:41 AM 74° 98% 0 mph

I went out and back to Wimbledon Forest Drive then added on two loops around the block at home this morning. It was a steamy, humid morning. My legs felt fine and everything was generally good until about the 5 mile point.

I saw a lone dog ahead on the right side of the street. He was a large, black dog meandering around sniffing things. As I approached, I edged to the far left side of the road. As soon as I passed, he ran toward me growling with teeth bared. I turned hard to face him and yelled out something. He stopped in his tracks. Each time I turned to continue he moved aggressively toward me again. Realizing I couldn't turn my back on him, I slowly walked backwards for about sixty yards until he let me out of his range. The whole encounter gave me quite a jolt of adrenaline.

PRE RUN
weight = 163.5
water

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & GrapeNuts w/1% skim milk

No comments: