Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Slowly But Surely

OJECTIVE
5 mi. Slow

ACHIEVED
5.10 mi.@ 8:49/mi.

6:02 AM 27F 100% 0 mph

I'm feeling a bit better today but still have some lingering soreness. After the race I went straight to work and sat all day. I'm sure that's retarded my recovery. I didn't stretch well. I didn't refuel well. I didn't get an ice bath. I didn't keep moving. Note to self: each of these is very important for my proper recovery.

I'm just making up this week's schedule as I go. On Monday, I thought I might be ready for a midweek Big Workout but it was very clear early on that it wasn't going to happen. I think I'll try to get 6 miles tomorrow then base Friday's run on what I plan on doing Saturday.

PRE RUN
weight = 162#
water

POST RUN
HoneyNut Cheerios w/skim milk

No comments: