Thursday, November 6, 2008

EARLY Morning ... Addiction ... ???

OBJECTIVE
6-8 mi. easy (8:08-38/mi.)

ACHIEVED
6.14 mi.@ 8:35/mi.

3:37 AM 64° 99% 3 mph

Yes, I was on the road at 3:37 this morning! You know you're early when passing by the donut shops and no one is even there yet.

This run wasn't that good. My legs are sore particularly my calves. I'm pretty sure it's yesterday's Big Workout and the overall mileage buildup. It's not the smartest thing in the world to jump from 16-18 miles per week up to 38 miles per week. Actually that's a huge invitation for injury. I've been under 20 miles per week since the marathon and I'll be around 38 miles this week with some intensity along the way. Hopefully I don't have an injury problem looming around the corner. I'll hold the mileage at the same level next week then add on a little the following week.

I think I'm off of the idea of running the 25K this weekend. Instead I'll just go get some miles Saturday morning. I suppose there's a good chance I'll be alone for that endeavor but I've decided that's okay.

PRE RUN
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
SlimFast & multivitamin
Later, Cheerios w/1% milk

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same addiction! Crazy isn't it?

Becky A said...

you need to adjust to standard time! that is TOO early! :)

Cory said...

Becky -

I see your comment came in after 11 pm. I've usually been sleeping for hours by that time! That's how early morning runs aren't that big of a deal for me.