Monday, October 20, 2008

Cruise Control

OBJECTIVE
3 mi. easy

ACHIEVED
3.02 mi.@ 8:39/mi.

6:10 AM 52° 100% 0 mph mist

Yes, the humidity was actually 100% this morning! The mist that I noted above was the water vapor in the air. It was surprisingly cool too.

The best thing about this run is that I got it in. I slept in a bit and when I got up just planned to get on to work but decided I had time for 3 miles. I was surprised how easy the pace felt this morning. Without much effort, I was at the midpoint of my "easy" zone.

My legs are still a bit sore and "not quite right". I helped some neighbors with a move Saturday afternoon that turned into a three-hour ordeal. My muscles are sore in new places as a result.

My plan is to take it easy again this week and next then crank it up again. I'm likely the idea of running Phoenix in January but I know it won't be easy with the holidays and work and Cameron's baseball.

PRE RUN
weight = 157#
water

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & strawberry-flavored 2% milk (never as good as my grandma used to make!)

No comments: