Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Uneventful 5

OBJECTIVE
4 - 6 miles : easy

ACHIEVED
5.13 mi. @ 9:03/mi.

5:25 AM 76° 88% 7 mph

Rolled out five plus miles this morning ... Day 2 of the new training plan. Having posted the week's schedule at the beginning of the week was good because it had me thinking about today's run throughout the day yesterday. When it came time to go this morning, I felt okay and mentally seemed prepared too. Not that today's run was a big, major effort. I just seemed better prepared.

I took the York Minster Loop from the house. I haven't run that specific route for quite some time. My legs seemed heavy at different times during the run. I don't think I've fully recovered from the marathon yet. Theoretically by sometime next week, the marathon should be out of my system. Today's slow pace never challenged my cardio.

There's no such thing as wasted miles under the approach to training so this was a good run to get in the books. Tomorrow will be the first test as I include a touch of speed into a longer run. I'm already looking forward to it.

PRE RUN
Clif bar & water

POST RUN
oatmeal w/skim milk, multivitamin @ water

No comments: