Thursday, June 5, 2008

Recovery Run

OBJECTIVE
2 - 3 miles : slow

ACHIEVED
3.02 mi. @ 8:59/mi.

5:30 AM 81F 74% 8 mph

Legs felt a bit tired this morning but just took it easy and got the miles.

Exchanged blog posts with "Tinman" at The Run Zone regarding proper training paces. I was right that my scheduled pace for yesterday was too slow (although I hit the right times in 3 of 5 of the sets). Tinman was surprised by the BIG disparity in my 5K and 10K times. Of course, I've noted this before myself but didn't realize it's as dramatic as it apparently is. One excuse I had come up with is that I'm mentally weak the longer the race. The other reasoning is that I'm simply not properly conditioned for endurance. I think there's something to this theory. Essentially I've been following training plans that allow runners to finish a marathon rather than a plan that yields best results. Anyway, I've got revised training paces for EZ, CV, and MP runs. This should help.

Tomorrow will be 4-6 EZ miles.

PRE RUN
apple juice

POST RUN
apple juice, multivitamin, & GrapeNuts w/skim milk

No comments: