Monday, June 6, 2011

OBJECTIVE
warm up
2 x .75 mi. & 2 x .50 mi. @ 6:15/mi. w/active recoveries
cool down

ACHIEVED
WU
2 x .75 mi. (6:15, 6:17)
2 x .50 mi. (6:17, 6:26)
CD

total time = 51:53
total distance = 6.12 mi.

4:46 AM 75° 82% 0 mph

Surprise! I got over to the Klein High track this morning and found the gates locked and the track torn up. Apparently it's being resurfaced. This was certainly a wrench in the works for which I wasn't planning. Decided to run the intervals on the road along the Cochet Spring Loop figuring it would give me approximately the distance I needed. I left my fuel belt and shirt behind a sign announcing entrance into a neighborhood and ventured off. I wasn't thrilled about being on the roads for speed work especially in my Saucony Fastwitch flats.

I was playing catch up throughout the workout - surging at the end to almost hit my goal times. I was usually close except for the final half mile. I think the surge required the previous half took a little too much out of me to recover from. I still need to get a handle on my recoveries. I think I'm jogging them a little too fast. Slowing down a little more would give me more recovery time while keeping my heart rate going. I don't think this would jeopardize the quality of the workout at all.

I hope the track renovation wraps up soon!

PRE RUN
weight=165.5
body fat=22.7%
Amino Vital lemon powder w/water

POST RUN
SlimFast & fig newton

No comments: