Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Objective
5 mi. Tempo @ 6:50/

Achieved
WU 7:21 min.
5 mi.@ 6:51/
CD 7:05 min.

Total time = 48:46
Total distance = ~6.56 mi.

5:03 AM

Was it the heat? Have my life's stressors just caught up with me? Was it simply an off day? What about the ramp up in training volume and intensity? Or could the reality be that my lactate threshold pace has slipped from a peak of faster than 6:39 to something north of 6:50?

Just a few of the questions chasing themselves around in my head today as I made a mockery of this scheduled 5-mile tempo run by essentially turning it into mile repeats with significant breaks in between each.

It was very warm this morning. My Blackberry app said it was 81F in Chicago as I left the hotel.

I am pretty stressed primarily with work but not insignificantly with trying to get our house ready to sell, and trying to buy or lease in Chicago.


Pre run
-

Post run
Chocolate milk
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless

No comments: