Thursday, May 26, 2011

Objective
Speed or Tempo

Achieved
35 min. Treadmill (8:20/mi. 2% incline)

~5:30 AM

Hey Crowne Plaza Metro Chicago, take the training wheels off your treadmills!

Missed Tuesday's speed. Yesterday was scheduled to be a rest day. Today was a tempo. Rain, failure to bring running shorts (bought some last night), and lousy hotel location have conspired against me. If Corporate Travel puts me in the Crowne Plaza again and it's bad weather, I'll plan those days to be "mileage only" and also try to do daily doubles. The treadmills were set to max out at 8:20 pace so I wasn't able to get intervals or tempo. But made the best of it by setting the incline at 2% and cranked it up to 3% for the final ~6 minutes.

After the treadmill session, did ITB stretches then used some of the hotel exercise equipment to do one-leg balancing, exercise ball crunches and exercise ball back extensions.
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless

No comments: