Saturday, March 6, 2010

OBJECTIVE
mileage & test the leg

ACHIEVED
12.88 mi.@ 8:27

6:29 AM 54° 74% 3 mph

Went out with the group this morning. It was nice to see people and run with my friends again. They were scheduled for a 10-miler. I wanted to test my leg a bit before getting out on the road with the group so I ran the 3-mile loop at Memorial Park before the group got together. This morning's version included: Randy, Jonathan, Michele, Laurie, Stacey (visiting from Alaska), Shellie, Nikki, and William. We were our own version of the walking wounded. It seems almost everyone was dealing with some injury or another.

Happy to report the run went well. I can still feel my left leg is weak. My hamstring really tightened up throughout the run. Things weren't perfect but there seems room for optimism.

PRE RUN
water, oatmeal w/brown sugar & skim milk

POST RUN
SlimFast & Clif bar
Later, water, Kashi GoLean cereal

No comments: