Wednesday, November 18, 2009

At Least My Run Went Okay ...

OBJECTIVE
5 mi.@ 7:46-8:36

ACHIEVED
5.14 mi.@ 8:16

5:25 AM 46° 75% 1 mph

I'm supposed to be in Chicago today but fate didn't smile kindly upon me. After this morning's cool run on slightly-heavy legs. I left the house for the airport. I gave myself plenty of time and had been monitoring traffic before leaving. After driving 2 miles from the house, I got on the freeway and immediately came to a dead standstill in a place that has never been slow in the +10 years I've been driving. Realizing this wasn't normal, I took evasive action - exiting the freeway and working my way along side streets. It seems everyone else in Houston employed the same tactic! It took me 45 minutes to go 5 miles. Later I learned there was a car fire on the freeway. Long story short, I hustled to the airport, through security, to the gate and barely missed the flight. In fact the plane was still sitting there at the gate. It's the first flight I've missed in my life. Very frustrating!

I hung around the airport waiting to go standby on another flight but that didn't work out either.

This is all very disappointing and embarrassing.


PRE RUN

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & Kashi GoLean cereal w/1% milk

No comments: