Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wow!

Objective

Not sure what to say here. Started out as an 8 miler. I guess this ends up being my scheduled 14-miler.

Achieved
12.18 mi.@ 7:52

5:45 AM

I really don't know what happened today. This started out as a hopeful 8-miler with sore legs from yesterday. Once I got going though the entire run felt downhill. It was one of the strangest things I've experienced running. I thought I'd go out two miles from the hotel, turn south for two miles then run back the same way. Once I got going, I realized I was going to be "close" to the apartment we used to in. That was pre-running days ten years ago so I was fuzzy on distance and directions but kept going. I was curious to see the old place. I wondered if it was still there or renovated,etc. I pressed on and reached the apartment in the EXACT same condition as we left it ten years ago. It was a bit anticlimactic.

I felt good getting there except for a tweak to my right ankle on the Colorado Street sidewalk. But even that didn't slow me. I had concern about the return since I wasn't planning to go this far. I pressed it slightly as I worried a bit that the other 13 in the group my be waiting for me or wondering where I was. I clipped off the last few miles at 7:46/7:47/7:13/7:14 and felt good doing it.

I think the great weather and circumstances combined from a great run today.

Pre

Nothing

Post

Orange juice, apple juice, water and raisin bran w/2% milk

No comments: