Friday, July 24, 2009

Finding the Tempo in Garden Grove

Objective
Dynamic stretching
1.5 mi. WU
4 mi. Tempo @ 6:39
1.5 CD

Achieved
stretching
1.51 WU (9:08/mi.)
4.00 mi.@ 6:37 (6:38/6:36/6:43/6:29)
1.53 CD (8:35/mi.)

5:48 AM 70° 78% 3 mph

Good tempo run was a challenge. Had a few stops and starts at traffic lights which effectively voids this as a "true tempo" run but it's a good substitute given I'm and running in an unfamiliar area while traveling.

This pace feels like it's right on the threshold of "something" for me. ... Perhaps my threshold pace ... ???

Pre Run
Nothing

Post Run

Orange juice and cereal

2 comments:

pcb said...

Glad you've been able to get some runs in while there, I know that is probably making the trip better for your frame of mind. Everyone knows the weather and altitude is great in CA.

Cory said...

Thanks for the note, P. I ran every day that I was in California which was better than I expected before going. I had runs of 3.5, 12, 7 and 8 miles. It was fun getting to see new scenery and have the guys ask me "how far did you go today?"