Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wimbledon Forest Fartlek

OBJECTIVE
dynamic stretching
6 mi.@ 7:46-8:36 w/6x90 sec.@ 3K pace (6:11) "sprinkled in"

ACHIEVED
dynamic stretching
6.20 mi.@ 8:03 (6:14/6:26/6:12/6:19/6:10/6:20)

5:42 AM 70F 86% 7 mph

The good ole fartlek .... I felt okay today after shaking off an ever-so-slight soreness in my legs. My 90 second bursts were a bit
sloppy time-wise. I was dodging traffic on Stuebner-Airline during my
second and sixth one. Nonetheless I need to tighten it up a bit.

I failed to get any resistance work in last night due to a late night at the office. I'm sure I could be a much better runner if work didn't keep getting in the way!

Today's miracle is that my Garmin lives! It's real shaky but made it through the entire run. I think it's something to do with the battery not being able to hold a charge anymore. This saga is to be continued, I'm sure.

PRE RUN
water

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin & oatmeal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Explain a little of what your "dynamic streching" consists of....thanks! And good job back on the 1/2 marathon!