Monday, June 1, 2009

On to a New Week

OBJECTIVE
6 mi.@ 7:46-8:36
2x20 sec. stiff-legged run
2x20 sec. running no arms

ACHIEVED
6.08 mi.@ 8:11
2x20 sec. stiff-legged running
2x20 sec. running no arms

6:15 AM 62F 97% 0 mph

A delight-some coolness awaited me this morning. It was very nice! I
felt good as I e felt eased over to Wimbledon Forest Drive and back
home. I reminded myself a few times that this is the equivalent of an
"easy" run under my old training regime ... effectively adding miles
while setting up for more challenging efforts later in the week.

Once back at the house, I did the drills. I'm sure anyone witnessing me hobbling up the road as fast as I could with stiff legs or while holding my arms in front of me in the shape of a huge basket wondered what in the world I was up to. Long story, short, people - I'm isolating certain muscles that don't get focused work while just running.

Looking forward to a good week.

PRE RUN
weight=163

POST RUN
water, multivitamin & oatmeal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

2 comments:

pcb said...

Oh great! What will the neighbors think?

Steph said...

Can you please do that on Saturday? Pleaaaaase! I need to see this :)