Friday, June 12, 2009

Goodbye to a Trusted Friend

OBJECTIVE
dynamic stretching warm-up
6 mi.@ 7:46-8:36 w/6x2 min. intervals @ 6:11 "sprinkled in"

ACHIEVED
dynamic stretching
6.2 mi.@ 7:53 w/6x2 min. intervals

5:45 AM

I intended to run yesterday morning but after getting up and getting ready ... it didn't happen. My Garmin failed again before I even got going and in my determination to "fix" it, time slipped away from me and the run didn't happen. I figured I'd run after work. That didn't happen either as I got home around 9:30 pm. So no run yesterday.

I am now officially without my Garmin as I sent it for repair yesterday. I concluded it must be something to do with the rechargeable battery. The technician I spoke with reached the same conclusion. Since the battery is not accessible to the untrained, I had to send the device to Olathe, Kansas where it will be for "10-14 days". I didn't realize my dependence on that handy little unit until now ... when I don't have the option to use it. I suppose I'm addicted as it's been with me for almost every run over the past two years.

So this morning I ventured out with my trusty Ironman and relied on myself to recall where each of the "mile markers" along the way is. Needless to say, I don't really know how I did over the 6 2-minute intervals. I ran each of them hard but there's no way to know if I hit the 6:11 pace that was my goal. I tend to think I was generally a bit slow. But I got the workout in which is the big thing.

I may try to run tonight after work. Depending on how I feel and when I get away from the office. Tomorrow's run is 11 miles. I haven't heard if there's going to be a group run or not.

PRE RUN
water

POST RUN
SlimFast, multivitamin & oatmeal w/brown sugar & 1% milk

No comments: